I just returned to school last week after spending 3 weeks in Colorado. Helen's grandmother has a ranch out there. The ranch is aging a bit; the house hasn't seen much maintainance recently. Helen and I made a habit of recording the things we fixed. Although it's incomplete and terse compared to my usual writeups, the list is reproduced below, for archival sake.

  • Removed broken window by the chicken coop
  • Repaired coop latch so the door closes easily
  • Replaced broken F350 taillight cover and bulbs
  • Partially pushed out a dent in the truck
  • Slightly improved on the hay hoist we built last year
  • Installed an electric winch to supplement the manual hoist
  • Cleaned the top deck of the barn
  • Filled the barn with twelve tons of hay
  • Replaced burned-out bulb in barn loft
  • Changed motion-activated bulbs for new ones
  • Mucked out back stall (there must've been a ton of shit in there)
  • Mucked out pasture behind barn (multiple tons of shit)
  • Added endstops to the front and rear barn doors to keep them on their rails
  • Lifted back barn door to the correct height
  • Replaced horse-eaten trim on the front barn doors
  • Reinstalled stallion bars in the stalls and reduced the bracket separation for better durability
  • Painted front barn doors to match each other
  • Rebuilt the archway leading to the chicken coop (with pressure treated wood, so it won't rot for a while)
  • Glued a leg back onto the dining room table (cheap construction)
  • Glued a chairs leg back together (the wood split cleanly along the grain)
  • Organized the ranch's tools into a central spot

That's all I have written. We were only on the ranch for two weeks, but I'm hoping it's more livable now.

I might have some pictures later. Truth be told, Helen and I had our hands full fixing stuff up; there isn't much in the way of a digital record.